OSHA Training with Impact: Meet Requirements, Get Results
Planning, conducting, and documenting mandatory OSHA safety training is a critical part of an organization’s compliance program and overall safety culture. Safety training is required for nearly all OSHA standards that apply to your operations.
The challenge is making your safety training sessions not just compliant, but also easy to understand, follow and retain. In this informative, 60-minute program you will learn best practices to strengthen your company’s safety culture and how to stay compliant with the OSHA employee safety training requirements.
Join us to discover:
- Key differences between initial and refresher training
- How frequently trainings should be held for maximum impact
- What to look for in a competent and authorized trainer
- Tips for designing an effective learning environment
- How to apply examples of Adult Learning Principals
- Safety training impact of the annual OSHA Top 10 violations
OSHA Training Requirements and Compliance
- OSHA standards that mandate both initial and refresher training
- Providing the necessary documentation for OSHA inspections
- Understanding contractor training requirements
- Consequences of inadequate training programs on OSHA violations and citations
Effective Safety Training Strategies for Your Workplace
- Key principles of Active Adult Learning for impactful training
- Qualifications needed for competent and authorized safety trainers
- Selecting the right training environment for optimal employee engagement
- The role of supervisors in executing an effective safety training program
Maximizing Your Safety Training Programs
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive safety training plan
- Exploring non-traditional training methods (e.g., virtual reality) to improve quality.
- Tailoring training to different generational learning styles & changing demographics
Question & Answer Session – Have your specific questions addressed
About the Speaker
Jack Fearing, CPEA, is the Managing Partner for Fearing International Group LLC and has more than 35 years of experience in occupational safety & health management, training, program auditing & consulting.
- He is a certified Health & Safety auditor, an OSHA-authorized 10/30 hour instructor, and a professional member of the New Jersey Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP). He was the NJASSP Safety Professional of the Year (SPY) in 2019.
- His experience includes EHS Director for a global defense contractor, an audit program director for multi-national manufacturing company and audit team leader for a leading multi-national pharmaceutical company.
- He is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts (BS) and Boston University (M.Ed). He is retired US Army LTC, Senior Army Aviator and Aviation Safety Officer.
- Jack is an accomplished author and speaker and has been published in various American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) professional journals on numerous safety topics as well as featured articles in "CoatingsPro", "Today's Facility Manager" & "Facility Safety Management". He is also a frequent speaker and trainer for local, regional and national events.
Join our compliance-based, 60-minute event for comprehensive insights into OSHA compliance and effective training strategies. You’ll learn strategies to help empower your workforce, foster a safety culture that aligns with OSHA standards, and meet OSHA training requirements.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org
For this one hour program you may claim 0.05 continuance of certification points (COC's) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Please submit a request to obtain proof of your participation and a certificate of attendance will be emailed within 2-3 days.