OSHA's Latest Inspection Policies: Protect Your Workplace & Avoid Citations
OSHA has stepped up enforcement resulting in more thorough inspections - and increased fines. Employers are now subject to more aggressive inspection tactics and have to take action to ensure compliance and avoid penalties. In this 60-minute webinar, you'll discover proven and practical strategies for handling even the toughest inspection process.
After attending, you'll be able to:
- Recognize what OSHA's recent rule changes means for your workplace
- Protect your workplace during an OSHA inspection
- Know what you should - and shouldn't - do when an inspector shows up
- Understand and enact your rights during & after an OSHA inspection
- Effectively respond to alleged OSHA violations citations
The OSHA Inspector is Here - Now What Should (and Shouldn't) You Do?
- Preparations for dealing with an inspection
- Critical tips for undergoing the inspection process
- Guidance on what you should and shouldn't say during an inspection
- Knowing your rights both during and after an OSHA inspection?
Minimizing Your Risk for OSHA Violations & Citations:
- Explanation of the types of violation - where are you at risk?
- Understanding the new OSHA formula for issuing penalties
- Your options & requirements for responding to a violation
- Procedures for contesting and mitigating citations
OSHA Compliance Best Practices for Your Workplace
- Flex your muscle: Keys to exercising your rights
- What you can do now to prepare BEFORE an inspection
- Steps to minimize penalties and eliminating risks
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Jack Fearing, CPEA, is the Managing Partner for Fearing International Group LLC and has more than 35 years of experience in occupational safety & health management, consulting and DOD aviation safety.
- His experience includes EHS Director for a global defense contractor, an audit program director for multi-national manufacturing company and audit team leader for a leading pharmaceutical company.
- He is a certified Health & Safety auditor, an OSHA-authorized 10/30 hour (501) instructor, and a professional member of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP). He is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and Boston University. He is retired US Army LT Colonel, Senior Army Aviator and Aviation Safety Officer.
- Jack is an accomplished speaker and author and has been published in "CoatingsPro", "Today's Facility Manager", "Facility Safety Management", and various American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) professional journals on numerous safety topics. He is a frequent speaker and trainer for local, regional and international venues.
The risk of getting an inspection from OSHA is more likely than ever and the penalties have increased. This informative 60-minute program will prepare you and your managers for an OSHA inspection, minimizing your legal risks, potential enforcements and unnecessary disruptions in your operations.
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org
For this one hour program you may claim 0.05 continuance of certification points (COC's) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Please submit a request to obtain proof of your participation and a certificate of attendance will be emailed within 2-3 days.