Out-of-Network Collections for Medical Offices, Practices and Organizations
Collections just got easier using our expert strategies. Feel confident in your understanding of different types of balances and how to explain them to your patients. Set up payment plans that work for YOU rather than just always working around convenience and patient demands. Understand the difference between in-network and out-of-network balances and how best to collect your reimbursement. Learn the most up-to-date tactics for pre-authorization and pre-certifications to ensure you are getting paid everything you deserve.
- Financial policies: how to write them and what to include
- Pre-authorization and pre-verification of benefits for medical debt collection
- Types of patient balances and how to handle them
- State and Federal laws in regards to the collection of medical debt
- How to communicate confidently with upset or overwhelmed patients
Increase your revenue and reimbursement to provide consistent flow of income
- Capture your lost revenue for non-covered procedures
- Use best practice techniques to increase success in collecting in OON situations
- Ask key questions during benefits investigations to protect your practice from costly denials
Improve compliance to the regulations and laws surrounding collections for your practice
- Implement a concrete financial policy and uphold those standards
- Keep in line with payer regulations, even for out-of-network collections
- Answer the question of how collection agencies fit into your practice and policies
Reduce the possibility of audits, fines, or penalties against your organization
- Ensure you are following state and federal guidelines for patient collections processes
- Know the policies and requirements surrounding in-network and out-of-network
- Cover all the details when writing your financial agreements
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Stephanie has been in the medical field for nearly 20 years. She has experience in multiple specialties of medical billing and coding and is a certified Pain and Anesthesia Coder and a Certified Professional Coder. Billing is her passion, which is why she's efficient at maximizing reimbursements while educating providers and staff on proper coding techniques. She motivates and coaches our billers to ensure they achieve a high level of standard
- Stephanie is the Billing Director for CE Medical Group, a third-party billing and consulting firm
- Her experience includes private practice administration, medical billing, and practice management consulting for numerous physicians and ASC's across the nation.
After attending this training, you will able to implement a financial policy for your medical practice and feel confident in your ability to collect your well-deserved reimbursement from your outstanding patient accounts receivable (AR). Attend this webinar by medical billing specialist Stephanie Thomas, who will teach you how to set up payment plans that work for YOU, speak appropriately with patients about their bill and balance, and the tips, and the tricks and techniques to collect payments from patients.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org