Payroll & Accounting Ethics: Maintaining Professional Standards Today
In this 60-minute, instructor-led event we will take a close look at the role ethics play in payroll and accounting, what happens when ethics are violated, and what can be done when personal ethics are not aligned with organizational or regulatory requirements.
Join us as we discuss:
- Defining ethics and the role they play in today’s business environment
- How ethics shape the role of payroll and accounting professionals
- Tools for discovering and navigating personal boundaries in the workplace
- Professional responsibilities of financial professionals
- The role ethics play in professional responsibilities and leadership
- Defining personal ethics versus professional ethics
- Understanding the American Payroll Association (APA) Code of Ethics
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Code of Professional Conduct
- Additional regulatory responsibilities that impact payroll and accounting ethics
- Where ethics and segregation of duties intersect
- The relationship between ethics, security and protection of information
- Understanding your own ethics and setting healthy boundaries
- What to do when job requirements conflict with personal ethics
About the Speaker
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.). Tricia is a Payroll and Human Resource “nerd” who enjoys reading Internal Revenue Code.
- She has a Bachelor of Science in Management Studies from the University of Maryland University College. She is a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through the American Payroll Association (APA), a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, as well as a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
- Tricia is a Member of the National Speakers Bureau for the American Payroll Association and a Contributing Writer to Paytech Magazine, a regular periodical provided to over 20,000 Members.
After attending this informative, 60-minute event you will know the codes of ethics and conduct for payroll and accounting professionals, understand how to best examine and use ethics in the workplace, and how ethics impact your role.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org