Payroll Reconciliation: Spot Red Flags That Derail Paychecks & Reporting
No matter the size of your team, payroll is one of the largest expenses your company incurs. To verify your totals, you’ll need to ask some questions:
Do these totals align with the previous payroll? Are the numbers reasonable?
Can we account for any variances?
Are our voluntary deductions in line with what we anticipated?
Reconciling your payroll ensures accuracy, secures the budget, keeps employees (and executives) happy and protects your company from unexpected audits.
Join us on May 14th for an in-depth approach to payroll reconciliation, so your company stays compliant and your workers get paid properly.
This 75-minute, online workshop will dive into:
- How to verify entries quickly and accurately for each pay period
- Mistakes or gaps that lead to penalties and increased fraud risk
- The importance of carefully reviewing payroll records in-between pay periods
- The latest and most significant Federal and State filing requirements
Payroll Reconciliation Processes
- Intra year
IRS and State Reporting
- Deposits and quarterly forms
- How to correct forms
- Year-end reporting requirements
- State and local requirements
- New hires
- Changes in payrate or department
- Garnishments and other orders
- Acknowledged payroll
- Checks and ledgers
- Accounts Payable
- Other important areas
Payroll Related Fraud
- Prevention and detection
- Common gaps
About the Speaker
Mark Schwartz has over 15 years of experience in state and federal payroll tax audits, collection, and payroll consulting.
- As an auditor, Mark prided himself on his ability to educate his auditees on state and federal payroll tax requirements. Whatever issues he found in audits; he ensured the auditee knew how to comply in the future. He worked to minimize company disruptions in the audit process.
- Mark has a Master's in Business Administration, and currently uses his entertaining and helpful personality to help organizations prepare for payroll tax audits.
This workshop will give you the information and tools you need to perform thorough payroll reconciliations for each quarter or year-end quickly and accurately to file your information with confidence.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org