Payroll Record Retention Requirements: What to Keep, What to Ditch
We’ll show you how to set up an effective records retention policy that will keep your company compliant, but won’t create issues of storage costs or accessibility if records are ever requested.
Join us for a live, 60-minute webinar to discover:
- Keys to record compliance for DOL, FLSA, FMLA, IRS and FUTA
- What types of payroll records must you keep for audits?
- Essential payroll record retention requirements under the law
- What are the risks of not properly managing your payroll records?
- What records can be destroyed and when?
Payroll Record Keeping for IRS, FUTA, DOL, FLSA and FMLA
- What information must be retained and for how long?
- IRS retention regulations: Know the rules to stay on the right side of the law
- Be prepared for audits from federal, state and local agencies
No-Nonsense Tips for a Strong Records Retention Program
- Keys to instituting record retention policies and practices
- What are the consequences of improperly maintaining payroll records?
- Key components of a functional record retention schedule
Special Retention Issues Payroll Needs to Know
- The latest I-9 documentation retention rules for payroll
- Practical solutions for Sarbanes-Oxley issues
- Merger and acquisitions considerations: Who is responsible for what records?
- State retention requirements – how they may differ
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Dayna J. Reum CPP, FPC is the Payroll Tax & Garnishment Manager at PetSmart Inc. and performs independent payroll training for companies in the Phoenix metro area. She has been involved in payroll training for the past 10 years.
- Ms. Reum serves on the National American Payroll Association on the national hotline service and Strategic Leadership Task Force.
- She received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA and has also received several merit awards for customer service, and acquisitions and divestitures.
- Ms. Reum earned her fundamental and certified payroll professional certification through the American Payroll Association.
Join us for this 60-minute webinar to discover which payroll records must be retained by every business on current and past employees, and for how long.
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org