Payroll Tax Compliance Roadmap for 2020
Most employees see payroll taxes as simply a deduction that comes out of each paycheck.
But for you, it’s much more complicated. Laws and regulations are constantly changing, and non-compliance can cost your organization big time.
Ensure your tax obligations are met in 2020 when you attend this 90-minute workshop for payroll tax compliance best practices and guidelines. You’ll learn:
- IRS deadlines you absolutely can’t miss
- Which tax and employment forms you should file when
- Compliant process for setting up new hires properly
- Processes, controls and procedures to remain compliant and pay your tax obligations on time
- Uncovering the most common mistakes to help avoid payroll audits - and ensure your tax obligations are met
- Proper employee classification: employees vs. independent contractors, and FLSA exempt vs. nonexempt
- Steps to properly set up new hires on payroll
- A bulletproof process to meet the tight, 3-day I-9 deadline every time
- Filing and processing guidelines for Forms 941, W-2 and W-3
- The reconciliation process applied to W-2s by the IRS and SSA – and errors to avoid
About the Speaker
Miles Hutchinson is a Chartered Global Management Accountant and experienced businessman with over 35 years in the field. He has been an auditor with PWC and is recognized as an expert in payroll, sales tax, use tax, financial modeling & analysis, business strategy, and communications. Miles is also the CFO of a one-billion-dollar real estate development company.
Miles is an experienced consultant on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. His clients include, Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, US Marine Corps and the US Army.
Integrate the latest regulations into your company’s policies and procedures. After attending this workshop, you’ll be your company’s expert on payroll tax compliance, keeping your company compliant and efficient – and far from audits and expensive penalties.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org