Payroll Updates: Year-end Legislative & Tax Changes for 2023
Each year the IRS updates several pieces of legislation that affect payroll processing into the new year. However, in 2022 we are seeing changes that are more significant than in the past and will impact 2023 payroll.
In addition to federal legislative changes, payroll must stay abreast of changes at the state level. Join our instructor-led, 100-minute event to learn steps for closing the year error-free, and start 2023 on the right foot. You’ll discover:
- New year legislation that will impact 2023 payroll
- How to close 2022 to ensure accurate W-2s
- Steps to guarantee 941 reconciliation happens correctly
- State-specific W-2 reporting and what you need to know
Legislative Changes Closing Out 2022 & Starting 2023
- Legislative changes to federal employment taxation
- State-level updates and changes that impact payroll
- How state legislation may differ from federal rules
- Where to go to keep up on payroll taxation updates
- Trends in state unemployment insurance and how FUTA will be affected
Strategies for Avoiding Costly Errors & a Stressful Year-End
- Resources to report changes in employment taxation
- Best practices for filing accurate and timely W-2s
- Steps for avoiding penalties for late or incomplete W-2s
- Proactive steps to avoid the year-end stress and scramble
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Dayna Reum is currently the Senior Director of Payroll &HRIS at a major medical center in Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field for over 20 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures.
Dayna is no stranger to teaching, she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll.
- Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee).
- Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
In this compliance-based, 100-minute program you will learn the latest legislative changes that impact how you close out 2022 payroll and head into 2023.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org