Payroll Year-End Prep: Reporting Requirements, Changes and Best Practices
Many taxation changes in 2023 created additional challenges for Payroll professionals.
Now is the time to get up-to-date and start planning for a stress-free process. Join us for this 60-minute workshop that highlights the latest updates and sets you up for success as you close the books for 2023 and enter 2024.
Attendees will learn:
- Changes and reporting requirements for the 2023 Form W-2
- Top payroll mistakes and how to avoid them – and penalties
- Best Practices for communicating W-2 information, year-end changes & processes
Payroll in 2023: Know the Changes & Be Prepared
- Updates to Form W-2, Form W-4 & electronic reporting
- Communication tips to help employees understand their W-2
- Year-end best practices: checklist for your payroll reporting
Payroll Form & Reporting Updates: Stay IRS Compliant
- Gathering, calculating, and reconciling W-2s: A step-by-step guide
- W-2 Box 12 Reporting guidelines to reduce errors
- Trust but verify: how is your payroll provider handling reporting changes?
- Helpful tools from the IRS website
Question & Answer Session – Have your specific question answered!
About the Speaker
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP provides clients with direct payroll assistance, information, education, consultation, and even empathy, in her role as a Consultant.
Tricia has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.). Tricia is a Payroll and Human Resource “nerd” who enjoys reading Internal Revenue Code.
- She is a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through PayrollOrg (formerly the American Payroll Association) a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, as well as a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
- Tricia is a Member of the National Speakers Bureau for PayrollOrg and a Contributing Writer to Paytech Magazine, a regular periodical provided to over 20,000 Members.
Don’t wait till the last minute to process your year-end payroll. This workshop will give you all the tools and information you need to end 2023 in compliance and get 2024 off to the right start.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org