Phone Etiquette for Healthcare Staff: Ensure a Positive Patient Experience
SummaryThe way you, as a healthcare professional, interact with your patients on the phone can mean the difference between the patient having a positive or negative experience. You are often the patient's first impression of your healthcare organization and excellent phone etiquette is imperative.
Join Myra Golden, Communication Expert, to gain the tools you need to set a positive tone and attitude that is contagious with your callers. Learn de-escalation techniques when dealing with a difficult patient and the tools to handle any situation with confidence.
During this 60-minute webinar, you will discover:
- Start the call off right - how to open with a friendly welcome
- Listening and communication skills for a better patient experience
- Strategies to diffuse difficult situations when calls go south
- Examples of phone call scenarios & the best way to respond
Setting a Positive Tone & Attitude: Training for Healthcare Front-Line Staff
- 3 key elements of the perfect call opening - ensure your welcoming is friendly
- Why you shouldn't ask probing questions prior to a lead-in
- Using the right tone when acknowledging concern
- Proper etiquette when placing callers on hold
Sharpen Your Communication & Listening Skills: Ensure a Positive Impression
- Tone, inflection & pace - communicating without body language
- Effective ways to keep emotion out of your conversation
- Ways to graciously bridge into questions without it feeling like an interview
- Roleplaying - the right and wrong way to handle customer calls
When Things Spiral Out of Control: Tactics for Handling Difficult Callers
- Get to the root of the problem - de-escalation to manage hostile attitudes
- How to tell a "customer" they're wrong - without telling them directly
- What to say and not to say - specific words & phrases to use & those to lose
- How to graciously close the call and end on a positive note
Have your real-world questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Myra is a favorite training partner with organizations, both large and small, with her customized, engaging, behavior-changing (and fun) customer service workshops.
- Myra has worked with leading healthcare and Fortune 500 companies including the American Medical Association, the Neuroscience Institute, Fraser Health, McDonald's, Coca-Cola, Frito-Lay, Michelin, and Vera Bradley, just to name a few.
- Considered one of the leading experts in customer recovery, she has helped hundreds of organizations rethink and redesign their complaint response processes so they are positioned to retain more customers, improve customer satisfaction, and increase profits.
- Myra is co-author of "Beyond WOW! The Service Leadership Approach to Exceptional Customer Service."
Gain valuable techniques to deliver friendly and personable experiences when handling patient calls and de-escalation strategies to handle difficult and frustrated callers. Ensure your patients come away with a positive impression of you and your healthcare organization.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org