Power BI 101: The New Reporting Super Tool
Which spreadsheet was that report in?”
“Did you send me those numbers?”
“I can’t see the report - I'm not in the office.”
Compiling, accessing and sharing data fuels decision making and strategic planning. But, it's often complicated and frustrating, with data scattered in dozens of locations, only available on certain devices or by certain administrators.
The solution? Power BI.
Think of this multi-faceted tool as Excel’s over-achieving big brother. Power BI allows you to do complex analysis, but bigger and better, without the hassle of sharing Excel workbooks. Have we mentioned that it’s free?
This 90-minute program introduces you to the power and purpose of Power BI:
- Step-by-step demonstrations
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Best practices for using Power BI
- Comparing the basic version vs. Pro
Create and share dashboards for easier collaboration
- Get your data into the hands of the right people, at the right time
- Simplify collaborative processes and data-sharing
- Clean up disorganized, less-than-ideal data structures with Power BI
Clean up disorganized, less-than-ideal data structures with Power BI
- Applicable practices to make your job easier
- Tricks that will save you time and frustration
Gain valuable insights from your data
- Leverage the multiple data types that Power BI uses
- Create presentations, reports or plans with ease
Combine data sets like a pro
- Get linked or like datasets in one place for analysis
- Learn the best practices for organizing your most crucial data
About the Speaker
Melissa Esquibel is a technology consultant, coach, trainer and speaker.
- She is a consultant, frequent speaker and Microsoft Certified Trainer
- Since 1991, Ms. Esquibel has assisted a variety of companies and industries with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) all versions through 2016.
- Melissa has 25+ years' experience in information technology with a background in training, technical writing and business risk analysis.
Join us for a 90-minute workshop that will walk you through the basics to get started with the latest reporting super tool. Melissa will help you unlock the most effective uses, while demonstrating the best practices, for utilizing Power BI.