New PPP for 2021: Everything You Need to Know
The newest round of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) offers much needed relief to help small business owners. The goal is to help small businesses stay open and continue operations until they can return to “normal” without having to close down - possibly permanently.
This round of the program is much more liberal, yet also more restrictive in many aspects - and only certain companies will qualify for the loan. We’ll take a close look at round two of the PPP, clear up the confusion - and answer the question of who qualifies for the loan? Join us to learn:
- How the new PPP loan works and what it can be used for
- Critical deadlines for forgiveness of the loan
- What happens if you don’t meet the forgiveness regulations
- Who can apply for the second round of the PPP loan
- How the amount applied for is calculated
Understanding the Newest PPP Loan
- How the new PPP program is different from the last year’s
- Special items that can be included in the forgiveness many companies don’t know about!
- Specific rules and regulations regarding the use of the loan funds
Applying for, and Complying with, the PPP Round 2
- Criteria required to receive the newest loan
- What are my next steps to apply for the loan?
- How to calculate the amount to apply for
- What to watch out for that can trigger an audit of your loan
- What to do if you over or under-estimate the loan request
We’ll answer small business owner’s top questions including:
- If I filed for the original PPP loan – can I also participate in the new program?
- If an employee quits does this impact my loan forgiveness in the future?
- What happens if I mis-calculated the amount I asked for and received?
- If I lay off employees instead of working them remotely, what is the impact on my loan?
About the Speaker
Pamela Fagan is president of Audit Business Services, Inc. She is a management consultant and compliance auditor to government, business, and associations with global perspective. She has fifty years of experience in human resources, payroll, management, accounting and finance. She has been an Executive Vice-President for a manufacturing plant; director of accounting and personnel, and CEO for a nationwide rental company, business manager for a non-profit opera company; and currently is the operations director for a Native American non-profit organization.
- Pamela has been a trainer/presenter for multiple training companies for the last 27 years. Her topics have included accounting, payroll, human resources, communication and time management, safety, computer courses and administrative/management classes. She is a specialist in all 50 states and Canada employment, labor and tax laws.
After attending this informative program on the newest PPP loan, you’ll have confidence that you’re handling the application and forgiveness forms correctly. Plus, you’ll understand the requirements for applying for the loan, and if this loan is right for your business.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!