Prepare Your Payroll Department for Emergencies, Crisis, and the Unexpected
With organizations still reeling from the impacts of COVID-19 and summer storm season rapidly approaching, it’s critical organizations are prepared for almost anything.
If you can’t get to the office, or your staff is dispersed, how will employees get paid and payroll processes continue in the face of an emergency? Add in the growth of centralized payroll systems, and the reality of one location experiencing a disaster that can derail payroll for the entire company is a real concern.
This workshop gives you the tools to develop a solid disaster recovery plan for your payroll department.
By attending this training, you’ll learn best practices and strategies, such as where to begin and how to keep your plan up-to-date and agile. We’ll discuss technology resources and how to prioritize payroll tasks in a disaster plan.
You’ll walk away from this workshop ready to:
- Implement a plan for critical processes that keep your company going
- Determine who should hold what responsibilities for each part of the plan
- Document and communicate tasks to your team
- Identify and utilize appropriate technological resources
- Create a sustainable, easily executed strategy that’s tailor-made for your company
- Keep your plan consistent with regulations and the current climate
This Program Will Give You Answers to ...
- Which critical payroll tasks need to be addressed in my plan?
- How do we evaluate which tasks take priority?
- What should my plan include to reduce risks and remain compliant?
- How do I delegate responsibilities to ensure critical tasks get done?
- How do I keep my plan agile and up-to-date?
- When do we “end” the plan – and return to business as usual?
- Can we measure the efficiency of our approach (and improve if needed)?
About the Speaker
Dayna Reum ,CPP, FPC is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. She has been heavily involved in the payroll field for over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, She moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association.
- Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the national Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee).
- Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
After attending this workshop, you’ll be ready when / if an emergency arises. Ensure people get paid, processes are followed, and be prepared before a disaster strikes.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org