Preventing Sexual Orientation & Gender ID Discrimination in Your Workplace
A recent landmark Supreme Court ruling outlawed workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. However, putting that into action in the workplace can be an uphill challenge for employers.
In this compliance-based, 90-minute program we will show you best practices for preventing discriminating behavior in the workplace, keys to creating clear policies and inclusive practices, plus guidelines for handling charges of discrimination.
Join us to learn:
- Legal do’s and don’ts for addressing sexual orientation and gender ID
- Steps employers can take to achieve a more inclusive workplace
- How to recognize and avoid sexual orientation harassment
- Terms you should know when discussing sexual orientation and gender ID
- Practical issues for accommodating transsexual/transgender employees
- BONUS: All registrants will receive the following digital reference guide:
- Gender Identity, Affirmation, & Transition: Comprehensive Guidance for HR
Regulations Impacting Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity
- Landmark sexual orientation case: Bostock v. Clayton County Georgia
- 2020 Amendment to Title VII employers need to understand
- Discriminatory employment actions prohibited under Title VII
- Clear explanation of transgender rights in the workplace
Creating an Inclusive and Accommodating Workplace
- Terms to know when discussing sexual orientation and gender ID
- Implementing an effective sensitivity training program
- Addressing practical issues and accommodations: preferred pronouns, gender-neutral bathrooms, access to locker rooms, transgendered-related care coverage under employer health insurance plans
Legal Best Practices for Preventing Discrimination Charges
- 5 signs of sexual orientation discrimination in the workplace
- Keys to preventing a hostile work environment & retaliation
- Contacting a government agency for assistance: EEOC and more
- Importance of documentation and how to do it right
About the Speaker
Diane L. Dee, Founder of Advantage HR Consulting, LLC has over 30 years of experience in the Human Resources arena. Diane’s background includes experience in Human Resources consulting and administration in corporate, government, consulting, and pro bono environments.
Advantage HR provides comprehensive, cost-effective Human Resources solutions for small to mid-sized firms. Additionally, Diane develops and conducts webinars on a wide-variety of Human Resources topics for various compliance training firms across the country. Diane also performs pro bono work through the Taproot Foundation assisting non-profit clients by integrating their Human Resources goals with their corporate strategies.
Diane holds a Master Certificate in Human Resources from Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations and has attained SPHR, SHRM-SCP, and CPC certification.
Join our instructor-led, 90-minute event for a clear understanding of both employers’ and employees’ rights and responsibilities under sexual orientation and gender ID legislation, plus steps you can take now to prevent charges of discrimination in your workplace.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org