Project Management Fundamentals: Lead Successful Teams and Projects
Project management skills allow you to drive your business, but the process is often complex and requires multiple skills.
What does it take to plan, organize and control projects of all sizes?
This instructor-led training will take you beyond the basics of a project and show you how to put all the pieces together to become a disciplined, well-organized and highly effective project manager.
What you will discover:
- How to effectively manage yourself and others as a project leader
- Easy-to-apply techniques that cover the entire project management lifecycle
- Create and implement a plan with any level of project management experience
- Step-by-step guidelines to reduce risks and uncertainty in projects
- Instructor-led examples and discussions that bring the information to life!
Project Management Building Blocks and Fundamentals for Any Project
- Project Management 101: A simple approach to achieving project success
- Identify key PM strategies, terminology and basics for your project
- How to plan for and overcome project hurdles and setbacks
PM Strategies for Success: How to Think Like a Project Manager
- Evolve your planning strategies: Core concepts of project management
- What it really takes to lead a project from start to finish
- How to effectively balance project time, costs and scope
Project Leadership Essentials: How to Lead Your Team to Victory
- Leading vs. Managing: What every great PM needs to succeed
- Team building strategies to keep your team momentum going to completion
- Conflict resolution best practices navigate project obstacles and constraints
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Alana M. Hill, PMP is a passionate speaker, author, and consultant at 2Hill Consulting Services. Her experience as an engineer and certified Project Management Professional (PMP) in energy and learning technology provides real‐world insight into how people and teams can excel. Her international, cross-functional business expertise shapes her perspective of change leadership and seasons her presentations. Throughout her career, Ms. Hill has led diverse teams and delivered high-impact workshops all over the world.
- Ms. Hill helps individuals and organizations accomplish their goals by utilizing sharp analysis, strategic planning, and interpersonal skills development. She promotes behavior styles and conflict resolution techniques to improve team dynamics and performance. She provides her clients with a combination of critical thinking and compassionate leadership, which she labels "Leading Change the Ms. Engineer Way". Her clients have included Fortune 500 companies, small technology companies, churches, and non-profits. Her adaptability makes her an asset across the professional spectrum.
- Before establishing her consultancy in 2006, Ms. Hill enjoyed a colorful career with Schlumberger advancing from a Field Engineer to a Program Manager. In her tenure with the oilfield services giant, she not only managed multiple technology implementations, she also learned to drive an 18-wheeler! Ms. Hill holds a B.S. in Petroleum Engineering from Texas AandM University and has twenty years in leadership and talent development.
- Ms. Hill is a member of the National Speakers Association (NSA), Project Management Institute (PMI), Toastmasters International, the Association for Talent Development (ATD Houston). As a strong advocate for corporate and personal philanthropy, Ms. Hill donates her time and talents to Fort Bend Indep. School District, local Texas PTA boards, MD Anderson Cancer Center, and other civic and charitable organizations. When she is not traveling the globe, you will find her running and serving in her church and community. Ms. Hill resides in Sugar Land, TX.
This two-hour project management training will address the project management and team leadership fundamentals needed to lead any project to success. We will address the core concepts of project management that will strengthen your project management practice, and prepare you to tackle more projects in the future.