Public Speaking for Lawyers: Powerful & Proven Techniques
Attorneys need public speaking skills for more than the courtroom. Lawyers’ reputations are defined by how they present themselves and now, more than ever, giving an effective presentation before your clients, potential clients, peers or at an industry event is critical to your success.Join us for this live, 90-minute webinar to improve your public speaking skills and discover:
- Solutions for 6 common speech delivery problems
- Better tactics for speaking one-on-one, large groups or on the phone
- How to demonstrate command of your material and exude expertise
- Increase your visibility to be more impactful inside and outside the firm
Bonus: Public speaking packet with tips for success for quick reference
Common Public Speaking Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Strategies for conquering fear: How the pros do it and how you can too
- The best way to handle tough questions and aggressive audiences
- How to better organize your speech: Look at your notes less
Increase Your Personal Presence Inside and Outside the Firm
- Techniques to consistently convey confidence and authority
- Structure persuasive points with specificity
- Ways to grab the attention of any audience, no matter what the size
Improve Your Delivery: Polish Your Skills and Become a Better Orator
- Improve your speaking voice: Timing techniques using pitch and volume/li>
- Increase clarity when explaining complex information
- Plotting your strategy: How to structure guidelines using the PREP system
Bring your questions for expert advice & real-world answers!
About the Speaker
Nicole Wells, owner of Speak Wells, turned her greatest fear - public speaking - into her greatest passion, and has since taught thousands of professionals to do the same. Her practice is founded on the premise that everybody possesses at least one innate super-skill to be a great communicator and public speaker: the key is to uncover and unleash it.
- Nicole has been an adjunct faculty member at New York University's Stern School of Business as well as the School for Professional Studies (SPS).
- Some of Ms. Wells’ notable law clients include Simpson Thacher and Bartlett LLP - New York and Palo Alto, Shearman & Sterling LLP, Davis Polk and Wardwell LLP, Cadwalader Wickersham and Taft LLP, Sullivan and Cromwell LLP, and the Bay Ridge Lawyers Association.
- The foundation of Nicole's skills comes from her extensive acting training; she earned her Master of Fine Arts at Rutgers University under the direction of William Esper.
Overcome your fears and communicate with confidence. This workshop will make you a more confident, more effective presenter, while equipping you with applicable communication skills both in and out of the courtroom.