Realistic Job Previews: Create Effective Job Descriptions
In a recent study, employees said the top reason they quit was because the actual job did not match what they expected it would be. Inaccurate and poorly written job descriptions cost you qualified candidates, and lead to a poor employee match. This means a higher turnover rate for your organization!
Realistic job previews (RJP) help you hire the right talent by setting honest expectations from the beginning. You get better employee-job alignment, reduce early turnover of new employees, and improve overall employee engagement.
During this practical webinar, we’ll walk you step-by-step on how to integrate RJPs into your recruiting and hiring processes.
By the end of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Create realistic job previews (RJP) that attract the candidates you want while setting clear expectations in that lead to long-term employee retention
- Communicate the perceived less desirable aspects of a job without scaring away great fits – but influences the wrong candidate to self-select out
- Align your RJPs with the company's mission, vision, and values to increase employee engagement and reduce unwanted turnover
- Plus, 29 real-life RJP examples – with explanation and best use cases
What are Realistic Job Previews and Why You Should Care
- Top 10 benefits of using realistic job previews and how to decide if they are right for you
- Who creates realistic job previews (hint – it's not just the HR department)
- Why you want candidates to be empowered to self-select out of your open positions when they aren’t a good fit – and how to use RJPs to enable them to do this
- Eliminate the #1 reason interviewing fails - interviewer bias and inconsistency
How To Incorporate RJPs Into Your Hiring Process With Ease
- The five key attributes all RJPs must have to be effective - and how to incorporate them in yours
- The most effective methods to craft RJPs in a way that creates excitement within your ideal candidates
- Identify the perceived undesirable aspects of your jobs – and how to candidly present them with tact during the hiring process
- When and where RJP fit into your Talent Acquisition, Promotions, and Talent Management processes
Hire Better Employees & Reduce First 90-Day Turnover
- How to eliminate the “buyer’s remorse” that new hires feel when the job doesn’t match what was communicated during the hiring process
- Using RJPs to control the candidate experience, gain a better understanding of their expectations and honest perception of the job
- Modern ways to incorporate video into the hiring process to communicate job role and culture - and why you should consider this if you aren’t using it now
- How to measure the value of RJPs on employee engagement and retention
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Bob Verchota is owner and senior consultant for RPVerchota & Associates, a consulting firm providing services to clients who seek to align their business and employees, creating successful outcomes and excellent work environments.
After 30+ years in Human Resources senior leadership roles and teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses in Leadership and Organizational Development, Bob transitioned to using his experience and skills in consulting.
He provides solutions to companies for a wide variety of HR issues including training and development, compensation, compliance, policy development, performance management, employee relations and managing change from mergers and acquisitions to project specific disruptions of the status quo.
Bob has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, graduate degree in Healthcare Administration, and doctoral work (ABD) in Organizational Development. He is a lifetime Senior Professional in Human Resources. Bob can be reached by calling 218-760-0558 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join expert, Bob Verchota, for this 60-minute workshop and discover how Realistic Job Previews help cut to the chase, weed out the bad fits before their hired while also attracting the right people to take on the challenges in your company – head on.