Religious Accommodations in the Workplace: Navigating New Supreme Court Ruling
A recent groundbreaking U.S. Supreme Court ruling has reshaped the standard for religious accommodations in the workplace.
In this impactful, 75-minute program you will learn how to navigate the complexities of accommodating religious beliefs within the context of operational needs, business objectives, and the rights of other workers.
Join us as we address:
- A detailed overview of the Supreme Court's new decision
- How the new framework impacts handling accommodation requests
- "Undue hardship" under the “de minimus,” ADA & the Supreme Court’s new standards
- Ensuring your EEO policies comply with new religious accommodation standards
Understanding the Supreme Court Decision & New Framework
- Overview of Groff v. DeJoy and its unanimous ruling
- Implications of the decision for religious accommodations in the workplace
- Exploring the new framework and how it shapes employer practices
Balancing Religious Accommodations & Operational Needs
- Creating procedures for handling religious accommodation requests
- Balancing operational needs with accommodating religious beliefs or practices
- Managing scheduling and coverage challenges when providing accommodations
- Calculating the cost implications related to providing a requested accommodation
Navigating Conflicts & Ensuring Legal Compliance
- Managing conflicts between co-workers when providing accommodations
- Addressing the impact of accommodations on team dynamics
- Navigating legal compliance with anti-discrimination and religious accommodation regulations
- Effective communication and training on religious accommodation policies
Question & Answer Session – Have your specific questions answered!
About the Speaker
Max Muller has been an expert in business law for over 49 years. In 1990 he began a consulting practice focusing on workplace legalities, e.g., equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, ADEA, etc., as well as safety and health regulatory compliance.
Max has shared his knowledge and expertise with over 100,000 people worldwide through programs like this, and through his books, including the popular SHRM/HarperCollins Leadership book: The Manager’s Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know. Second Edition.
In this impactful, 75-minute program we’ll address the impact of the recent Supreme Court decision on religious accommodations, equipping you with the knowledge and tools to navigate the complexities of balancing business objectives and religious rights in the workplace.
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org