Safety Leadership: Getting a Seat at the Table
Typically, safety professionals have little to no access to the C-suite. Yet, safety should be a critical part of the conversation when it comes to strategic, tactical, and budgetary planning.
It is time for safety professionals to step up and take a seat at the table. Safety directors and managers need to be comfortable speaking to executives and understand how to communicate key information and quantify safety.
In this dynamic, 60-minute program we will show you how to turn valuable safety data and functions into pertinent information that key decision makers need, to ensure the success of the organization.
Join us to learn how to:
- Identify and use metrics that speak directly to the C-suite and executives
- Equate preventive maintenance of equipment with preventive maintenance of employees
- Show the direct link between workers’ compensation modification rates and employee safety
- Communicate the correlation between safety and reducing overtime costs
- Get upper management engaged in safety matters on an ongoing basis
Communicating Safety’s Strategic Role to the C-Suite
- Which metrics to use to gain a seat at the decision-making table
- Impact employee safety has on workers’ comp costs and premiums
- Using key metrics to track and improve safety in the workplace
- Why safety dashboards are an integral part of talent management
Getting Support for an Effective Safety Program
- Seven step process to create and maintain effective safety training programs
- Engaging management and employees in recognizing workplace hazards
- Differentiate between a safety environment and a safety culture
- Utilize Job Safety/Hazard Analysis as a steppingstone toward a safety culture
- The value employees believe the organization places on safety
- Employing accident investigations and root cause analysis
About the Speaker
Max Muller, an OSHA Authorized General Industry Outreach Trainer (both federal and Cal/OSHA), is also an attorney, nationally known author of nine business books, and entrepreneur. He has been involved with safety training and consulting, as well as safety program implementation in all sectors – private, public, nonprofit, and military ‒ since 1977!He has shared his knowledge and expertise with over 100,000 people worldwide through programs like this, and through his books, including the popular SHRM/HarperCollins Leadership book: The Manager’s Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know. Second Edition.
In our informative, 60-minute program learn how to deliver the information the C-suite needs from safety professionals to make strategic planning decisions to carry the organization forward. We will provide all the tools you need, to finally get a seat at the table.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org
For this one hour program you may claim 0.05 continuance of certification points (COC's) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Please submit a request to obtain proof of your participation and a certificate of attendance will be emailed within 2-3 days.