Sales & Use Tax Update: Requirements on Out-of-State Taxes
Join us to gain valuable insight into the complex issues of interstate sales and the obligations of out-of-state (foreign) sellers to collect the destination state's taxes in light of this ruling. In this critical 90-minute event, you'll discover:
- How nexus works under Wayfair and the risks of not registering
- Ways states now plan to collect sales tax from out-of-state retailers
- Answers to key questions retailers are now asking about internet sales tax
- Where mega retailers stand in the fight against universal sales & use tax nexus
- What you need to do now to prepare for the changes and stay compliant
New U.S. Supreme Court Rulings on Nexus: Impact on Your Sales & Use Tax
- Nexus Litigation update in U.S. Supreme Court and the State Courts
- States' plan to get "foreign" businesses to register & collect their taxes
- Will you owe taxes in more than one state for the same sale?
- Learn if states will extend exceptions - and who would qualify
Mega Retailers & Universal Sales Tax & Use Tax Nexus Resistance
- Where the fight back from mega retailers on taxes stands now
- How to stay connected & be aware of the states' moves
- Why avoiding universal & nexus tax is your fight too
Tips on What Your Company Can Do Now to Stay Proactive & Compliant
- How to perform a SWOT analysis on sales & use tax: Risk exposure
- Getting proactive: Key steps to take now to prepare for the possible tax hikes
- Where to begin if your company is delinquent on state sales & use tax
- Learn how to work out "Offers in compromise" or "Voluntary Disclosures"
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman.
- He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company.
- Miles is a professional speaker and consultant, who has presented over 2,500 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Miles is recognized as an expert in payroll and sales & use tax, as well as financial modeling & analysis, leadership, business strategy and communications.
Get up-to-date information about the retailing giants and their fights with the various states. Take a ring-side seat with an expert who will share the anticipated outcomes.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org