Sexual Harassment Prevention: Your Role & Responsibilities as a Leader
As a leader, you set the tone with your team in regard to what is and will not be tolerated.
In our interactive instructor-led 60-minute event, you will learn how to recognize the signs of sexual harassment, understand what your legal and ethical responsibilities are as a manager or supervisor, plus gain practical tips to appropriately handle such situations.
Join us, and you’ll discover the following:
- How to prevent & combat sexual harassment & inappropriate behavior
- Keys to a comfortable workplace free from unwanted advances
- Ways to fairly address potential or reported incidents
- Applicable laws regarding compliance requirements
- Tactics for eliminating legal risks for your company
- Strategies for looking out for your employees
- BONUS: A knowledge check & review quiz
Today’s Definition of “Sexual Harassment” & Why Addressing it Matters
- Statistics & examples of inappropriate behavior - both in person vs. virtually
- Where to look for ongoing updates & guidance on this topic
- Resources & best practices beyond legal requirements
- How to train your employees on this sensitive topic
Legal Requirements of Companies & Their Leaders
- Your role as a leader opposed to that of HR’s
- Ways to communicate & reinforce workplace expectations
- What a typical anti-sexual harassment policy should include
Critical Steps When Sexual Harassment is Witnessed and/or Reported
- Bystander intervention requirements & beyond
- What to do when it’s one person’s word against another’s
- How to balance privacy rights when conducting investigations
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
- Michelle is a frequently sought-after speaker and business strategist for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to talent management, business strategy, and operational effectiveness
- She has delivered thousands of signature speeches and training sessions, both online as well as in person.
- The practical expertise she possesses is on a variety of HR topics, such as job design, recruiting, onboarding, training and development, performance management, and succession planning
In our 60-minute program, you’ll gain a better understanding of your role and responsibilities as a leader in avoiding as well as confronting sexual harassment. We’ll also provide guidance for partnering with HR, to ensure that your employees are adequately and appropriately informed, plus protected.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org