In-House vs. Outsourcing Strategies: Staffing Within Budget
Evaluating the optimal balance between internal employees and external staff is not only vital to an organization's talent strategy but also has significant implications on its budget.
In our comprehensive 60-minute program, discover how to effectively integrate your workforce to achieve the best financial outcome.
Join us to discover:
- Strategies for deciding which roles to keep in-house vs. outsource
- Weighing the costs of outsourcing functions against keeping it in-house
- Keys to identifying & mitigating potential risks when outsourcing
- Tips for evaluating external staffing firms & contractors
- Ways to monitor & adjust staffing plans to meet changing needs
Assessing Your Internal & External Staffing Needs
- Identifying gaps between current talent & required roles
- Determining essential tasks & activities to retain in-house
- Evaluating jobs that could potentially be filled externally
- Understanding cost implications of outsourcing vs. insourcing
Finding the Right Fit for Each Role & Function
- How to prioritize positions that impact organizational objectives
- Utilize technology to streamline associated decision-making
- Assess which positions can be filled by remote workers vs. on-site
- Mitigating outsourcing risks such as data security & IP concerns
Ongoing Management of Staffing Needs & Levels
- Monitoring staffing needs & organizational performance
- Adjusting plans to account for changing business conditions
- Promoting & reassigning internal staff when possible
- Utilizing part-time or temporary staff to fill gaps
Question & Answer Session - Have your specific questions answered!
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
Michelle Coussens is a frequently sought-after speaker and business strategist for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to talent management, business strategy, and operational effectiveness. She has delivered thousands of signature speeches and training sessions, both online and in person. She holds practical expertise on a variety of HR topics, such as job design, recruiting, onboarding, training and development, performance management, and succession planning.
Join our 60-minute program to learn strategies for optimizing your workforce by leveraging both internal employee capabilities and external resources and talent.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org