Smart Succession Planning: Prepare for the Future Today
Implementing an effective succession plan will prepare your organization for the future, protect its mission, and ensure continuity for both your business and your employees.
In this informative, 60-minute program you will learn the principles of effective succession planning, plus steps for developing and implementing your plan using industry best practices. Join us to discover how to:
- Define what successful succession planning looks like today
- Identify factors to consider when developing a succession plan
- Determine how to mitigate potential obstacles to implementation
- Apply succession planning best practices that go beyond senior level replacement
Creating a Succession Plan to Fit Your Organization
- Principles of Succession Planning: definition in today’s environment
- Planning steps and needed data for developing a plan
- How to customize standard succession plans for your unique needs
- Differences between succession planning and replacement planning
Identifying and Meeting Future Needs of Your Organization
- What you need to know to forecast future workforce needs
- Ways to identify and prioritize role-filling options
- Future job trends and incorporating them into succession planning
- Examples of useful talent assessment tools
- Filling gaps between skills workers have now and need for the future
Implementing and Executing the Succession Plan
- How and what to communicate to stakeholders about your plan
- Metrics to use in measuring the progress of your plan
- Transition considerations for a successful roll-out
- Ways to identify and mitigate potential obstacles
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
Michelle Coussens is a frequently sought-after speaker and business strategist for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to talent management, business strategy, and operational effectiveness. She has delivered thousands of signature speeches and training sessions, both online and in person. She holds practical expertise on a variety of HR topics, such as job design, recruiting, onboarding, training and development, performance management, and succession planning.
In this instructor-led, 60-minute event you will learn steps to determine your organization’s future employment requirements, and strategies to prepare a succession plan to meet its unique needs.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org