Surviving As a One-Person HR Department: Avoid Lawsuits & Stress
The pressures and responsibilities of HR are difficult enough for a whole department of people, but when you're the only HR professional it's a matter of survival mode. Handling the workload, ensuring legal compliance and avoiding extreme stress can be done with the right management techniques. How can you achieve this as a one-person HR department? Join us for this can't-miss, 60-minute webinar where we will cover:
- Prioritizing effectively - get the most important stuff done first
- Navigating complex employment laws - ensure compliance, avoid liability
- What are the key takeaways from FMLA, OSHA, ADA and FLSA?
- Examine the legal aspects of employee management - hiring, firing and more
Stay Compliant with the Employment Laws That Matter Most
- Avoid the most common legal pitfalls - FMLA, ADA and FLSA
- Record retention best practices - are you prepared for an audit?
- Current employment law - resources to keep you informed
How to Legally and Effectively Manage Employee Relations
- What you should and shouldn't cover during employee orientation
- Handling harassing or discriminatory behavior - investigation protocols
- Firing without fear - legal steps you must take to avoid litigation
Operating as a One Person HR Department: How to Get it Right
- Need-to-know policies & procedures - remaining compliant
- The six buckets of HR - What are they? How do you stay updated?
- Time managing techniques - prioritize and navigate your to-do list
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Pamela Shull, CPP, SPHR gives you practical, real-world, effective guidance on a variety of accounting topics from payroll to overtime exemptions under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Pamela, both a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) and a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), has more than 38 years of experience as a director of human resources and payroll, controller, auditor, businesswoman, consultant, instructional designer, and trainer. She is a specialist in Canadian payroll, human resources and sales tax compliance.
- She has presented hundreds of seminars, workshops, and webinars to businesses in all major business sectors.
Discover the key takeaways to remain compliant with employment law, how to address employee misconduct, and keep your company out of legal trouble.