Surviving As a One-Person HR Department: Avoid Lawsuits & Stress
The pressures and responsibilities of HR are difficult enough for a whole department of people, but when you're the only HR professional it's a matter of survival mode.
Handling the workload, ensuring legal compliance, and avoiding extreme stress can be done with the right management techniques. How can you achieve this as a one-person HR department?
Join us for this can't-miss, 60-minute program where we will cover:
- Prioritizing effectively - get the most important tasks done first
- Navigating complex employment laws - ensure compliance, avoid liability
- Key takeaways from FMLA, OSHA, ADA and FLSA
- Examine the legal aspects of employee management - hiring, firing, and more
Stay Compliant with the Employment Laws That Matter Most
- Avoid the most common legal pitfalls - FMLA, ADA, and FLSA
- Record retention best practices - are you prepared for an audit?
- Current employment law - resources to keep you informed
How to Legally and Effectively Manage Employee Relations
- What you should and shouldn't cover during employee orientation
- Handling harassing or discriminatory behavior - investigation protocols
- Firing without fear - legal steps you must take to avoid litigation
Operating as a One-Person HR Department: How to Get it Right
- Need-to-know policies & procedures - remaining compliant
- The six buckets of HR - What are they? How do you stay updated?
- Time managing techniques - prioritize and navigate your to-do list
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Pamela Shull, CPP, SPHR gives you practical, real-world, effective guidance on a variety of accounting topics from payroll to overtime exemptions under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Pamela, both a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) and a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), has more than 50 years of experience as a director of human resources and payroll, controller, auditor, businesswoman, consultant, instructional designer, and trainer. She is a specialist in Canadian payroll, human resources and sales tax compliance.
- She has presented hundreds of seminars, workshops, and webinars to businesses in all major business sectors.
- Pamela is also the author of the recently released book "CP2100 Compliance Logbook.”
Discover best practices, tips, and tools to remain compliant with employment law, juggle it all as an HR department of one, and keep your company out of legal trouble.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org