Taxing & Reporting of Non-Cash Fringe Benefits
Businesses are getting creative with compensation plans to attract and retain top talent, including the use of non-cash fringe benefits. For many of these benefits, there are wage reporting and taxation requirements.
However, knowing which benefits must be taxed, and how to tax them, is not always as straightforward as it seems. Join our 90-minute, compliance-based event to learn how to properly handle a variety of non-cash benefits to ensure compliance with both tax and labor laws.
You’ll leave the program ready to:
- Confidently determine which perks are taxable income
- Know who pays taxes on various non-cash benefits
- Identify de minimis fringe benefits that are non-taxable
- Understand gift card and/or coupon taxation
- Calculate the value of non-cash fringe benefits
Update on Fringe Benefit Tax Rules
- Review IRS Publication 15-B on fringe benefit taxation
- Learn which common benefits like gym memberships are taxable
- When taxes apply to awards, service gifts & safety programs
- Understand auto benefit & group term life insurance taxation
Non-Cash Fringe Benefit Compliance
- Identify de minimis benefits exempt from taxes
- Demystify the taxation of gift cards and coupons
- Learn how to determine the value of non-cash benefits
- Impact of non-cash fringe benefits on overtime pay
- Review how to pay taxes on the employee's behalf
Question & Answer Session – Have your specific questions answered!
About the Speaker
Tricia Richardson has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.).
She is a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through PayrollOrg (formerly the American Payroll Association), a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, as well as a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
At PayrollOrg, Tricia is a Member of the National Speakers Bureau and a Contributing Writer to Paytech Magazine, a regular periodical provided to over 20,000 Members.
For the Susquehanna Valley Chapter of the American Payroll Association, Tricia has taught for both the Payroll and Human Resource Certification Study Groups and has served as both the Vice President and President of the Chapter.
She also served on the Program Committee of the Human Resource Professionals of Central PA and is the Treasurer of a York County Pennsylvania Non-Profit Association.
In this 90-minute program, you will learn how to identify and properly handle taxable non-cash benefits.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org