The Art of Effective Feedback: Eliminate Barriers & Enhance Performance
In our interactive instructor-led 60-minute event, you will learn how to provide clear and action-oriented feedback that will motivate your team to drive better results, while elevating their morale, pride, and loyalty.
Join us, and you’ll discover the following:
- How to establish a backdrop of trust before you give feedback
- Techniques for dealing with people who are killing morale
- Strategies for staying focused during tough conversations
- The top feedback mistakes to avoid
- BONUS: All registrants will receive a 51-page Blueprint (PDF)
- “The Feedback Framework: 12 Steps to Deliver the Right Feedback at The Right Time - In A Way They'll Actually Listen to And Act On”
Keys to Building Trust & Loyalty: Coaching People to Succeed
- Motivators to gain (even) higher performance & capitalize on “teachable moments”
- Ways to balance timing & the amount of constructive feedback vs. praise
- How to provide coaching or mentoring as a follow-on to feedback
Eliminate Barriers that Undercut the Effectiveness of Your Message
- What to do about your own discomfort & anxiety when giving negative feedback
- How to prevent people's natural reaction to resist, make excuses, or deny wrongdoing
- Tips to ensure you don’t micromanage your employees
A Framework for Delivering Feedback that Gets Results
- Ways to give effective feedback that changes behavior & improves performance
- When feedback leads to discipline: How to take control of disruptive conduct
- Expert methods for providing effective feedback in a remote environment
- Solutions for saying the right thing: Words to choose and words to lose
We’ll answer the following questions we’ve heard from you
- How do I know if I am good at giving feedback?
- How do I motivate an employee who is a clock-puncher?
- How long should I wait to give feedback when an employee is upset?
- How do I balance feedback to a whole team versus to individual team members?
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
Michelle Coussens is a frequently sought-after speaker and business strategist for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to talent management, business strategy, and operational effectiveness.
- She is a resourceful, resilient, and relentless business professional with demonstrated success in building new programs, driving short-term efficiencies, and improving long-term effectiveness all through innovation, rigor, and courageous leadership.
- She has direct experience with a variety of industries, as well as in consulting, education, and not-for-profit organizations.
- With consistently high participant ratings, her webinars, seminars, and speaking engagements bring practical value to businesses of every size and type.
Providing feedback is one of the most important and difficult responsibilities of being a leader. In our 60-minute program you’ll discover how to become better equipped for this critical part of your role.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org