The Art of Listening: Your Best Communication Secret
SummaryHave you ever felt tuned out? You're talking but it feels like no one is listening. An exceptional communicator is always prepared to engage, retain, and build rapport. Exceptional communication and effective listening are crucial to all areas of client care, management, and correspondence.
Join us for an online training as we explore the best practices in communication. Communicate with confidence in the face of calm or chaos. This 60-minute webinar offers applicable steps to build your improv skills and turn "rushing to respond" into "processing to be present." During this webinar, you will discover:
- The importance of being attentive for effective and positive communication
- Consequences of not listening well with patients, colleagues, or candidates
- How to be more focused regardless of who is talking
- What better listening can do for your practice, office, or business
Listen to Learn: Learn to Listen
- The importance of listening to learn, not just listening to respond.
- Learn ways to engage with everyone, whether they are a manager, a staff member, a candidate, or a patient.
- Be present when others are speaking and ensure you hear what they are saying.
Poor Listening = Poor Outcomes
- Look at examples of poor communication and learn positive changes you can make in your workplace.
- Negative effects of ineffective listening in your workplace and interactions.
- Stop making assumptions, even if you think you may know what will come next.
Growing to be both Present and Profitable
- How to engage more and build better connections.
- Learn effective listening skills to lay the groundwork for effective communication to increase customer satisfaction and increase revenue.
- Use reflective listening to learn the most important art of communication: give and take.
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
As a Humorous Speaker and Communication Coach, Julie Ostrow teaches organizations and corporate teams to use improv skills to improve Creativity, Communication, Team Building, Problem Solving, and Productivity with their clients and within their organizations. Trained at The Second City in Chicago, Julie teaches the benefits of using humor, laughter, and improv in all aspects of our lives, including in the workplace. Through Julie's interactive, one-of-a-kind programs, you and your teams will learn unique skills for improving Creativity, Communication, Team Building, Problem Solving, and Productivity. You'll be even better equipped to connect with your clients and staff members.
- Having more than 20 years of corporate marketing communications experience, Julie is able to identify the trigger points of miscommunication and low morale in the corporate culture.
- Ostrow's enthusiasm and passionate spirit, combined with her comedic insight, help to make her a warm and engaging presenter and workshop facilitator. Her personal motto, "find the funny," helps her to find humor in everyday moments and in life's seemingly most difficult situations.
In this 60-minute webinar: the retention tactics you will learn will teach you to pause before responding, and listen with different intentions. With the humor and expert guidance of Julie Ostrow, you will master the art of listening, build your best communication skills, and engage in your everyday life like never before.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org