The Latest CPT Code Changes and Updates for 2019
This training provides a complete overview of all the new and revised codes for 2019 and will prepare you for January 1st, 2019's implementation. Many coders and billers assume if something affects them, they'll find out about it. Be proactive!
This one-hour audioconference will cover all of the main coding changes and the new codes for 2019. In this overview format, you will be exposed to all the latest updates, so you can do your work better and be more effective.
- The latest revisions and additions to PICC line section
- New codes in the Neuropsych and Psychological testing section
- A brief overview of the Physician Fee Schedule Final rule
Get it right the first time by knowing which codes have changed, been revised or deleted
- Know the six new Evaluation and Management codes (E&M)
- Learn the nine codes where imaging guidance is no longer reportable - and if they affect your organization
- Understand the revised guidelines for inter-professional telephone/internet/electronic health record consultations
Gain insight on the code changes that impact your practice- directly or indirectly
- Identify where to look up the latest list of code changes and additions
- New guidelines and new codes added to the adaptive behavior services area impact other coding changes as well
- Keep your practice up-to-date on all the changes in order to minimize denials and maximize reimbursement
Be prepared for the January 1st, 2019 implementation
- Get a complete overview of all the code changes and updates to avoid costly mistakes
- Improve patient processing, staff training and your organization's bottom line
- Have your staff and team trained ahead of the implementation date
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Ms. Young is the Principal of Young Medical Consulting, LLC. A company founded 17 years ago to meet the education and compliance needs of physicians and their staff. Jill has over 40 years of medical experience working in all areas of the medical practice including clinical, billing and rounding with physicians. She hates boring lectures, so be prepared for a presentation that is fast paced and informative. So sit back, listen, take some notes and be prepared to ask your questions at the end.
- Her unique style of working with physicians is not only effective but helps bridge the gap between coders and physicians from a practical perspective.
- Jill's comments and opinions can be seen in several publications and also heard on a variety of audio-conferences.
- Her background gives her a unique style of teaching using real life examples of coding and billing situations.
The American Medical Association (AMA) stated that "the latest changes to the CPT code-set reflect new technologies and scientific advancements available to mainstream clinical practice". This all-encompassing webinar on 2019 CPT codes is highly relevant for all medical practices.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org