A More Agile Approach to Accounting & Finance for 2021
COVID-19 required businesses to put aside traditional ways of operating and resort to a survival mentality. Standard finance processes, procedures, and controls were replaced by emergency measures, hastily employed to cope with the turbulent environment and challenges brought about by the pandemic.
This workshop uses lessons learned from COVID-19 to re-imagine finance & accounting and create a ‘new normal’ post COVID-19.
Finance management expert Carl Young will walk you through new strategies to reduce risks and improve bottom-line outcomes, drawing on strategies learned from the COVID-19 pandemic and his 25+ years of upper-level business management experience.
These new ways of operating will be more efficient, featuring a combination of both “in-house” and “in-home” methods that improve profits and productivity.
Join us for this dynamic program and walk away with:
- Survival business instincts influenced by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Methods and models to create more efficient norms post COVID-19
- How to re-imagine finance and accounting as the foundation for a more agile future
- Keys to improving profits and profitability coming out of a global pandemic
Attendees will learn:
- How to combine remote based operations with high-impact, in-house strategies
- Ways to streamline organizations and functions
- How to combine the right people with the right role
- How to eliminate data-based budgeting based on past assumptions
- Best practices for forecasting based on key business drivers
- How to convert accounts payable and cash related functions from paper to paperless
- Strategies to control costs, expenses, and cash in real time
- How to use presumptive vs assumptive techniques for planning to reduce the uncertainties of future disruptions
- How to maximize technology to enable processes and procedures
About the Speaker
Carl Young is an author, speaker, trainer, consultant, and organizational coach. He holds an MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation.
- Young is a former CFO of a $275M, high-growth technology-based company.
- He has over 25 years of senior level business management experience, as well as 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting and business management.
- Young is a member of the: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
Re-imagine your accounting and finance processes for a better, more agile future with the strategies from this workshop. You’ll be ready to face 2021 with new strategies, grit, and a plan that drives bottom-line results.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org