Responding to B-Notices & TIN Verification: Avoiding Costly Mistakes
- Keys for TIN Verification: Guidelines for accurate IRS registration
- Protocols for handling and responding to B-notices
- Methods to perform electronic Name/Taxpayer Identification Number matching
- How to prevent costly mistakes & avoid fines from the IRS
- Difference between 1st & 2nd B-Notices: What's the required response
TIN Compliance Essentials: Keys to Prevent Errors & B-Notices
- What is TIN matching and why is it so important?
- Critical guidelines on registering for the IRS TIN matching system
- Stay in compliance: Common TIN errors you need to avoid
- Ensuring your Form W-9 compliance process is solid
- Guidelines for managing 1099 reporting requirements
- Handling vendors that report incorrect information on W-4's
What to Do After Receiving a B-Notice: How to Protect Yourself
- B-notice deadlines: Avoid penalties & backup withholding exposure
- What you can do to negotiate a reduction or eliminate the penalty
- Leveraging the Reasonable Cause Regulations
- Errors that cause B-notices: Tips to avoid future penalties
Live Q&A Session - Have your specific B-notice & TIN questions answered!
About the Speaker
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman.
- He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company.
- Miles is a professional speaker and consultant, who has presented over 2,500 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Miles is recognized as an expert in payroll and sales & use tax, as well as financial modeling & analysis, leadership, business strategy and communications.
- He is the author of several useful accounting and tax tools available at www.soxpolicies.com and www.salestaxadvisor.com. Please visit his websites to see how you can further benefit from his expertise.
Join us for this 120-minute webinar to discover how to ensure B-Notice and TIN compliance and avoid being penalized by the IRS.
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org