Top Documents Every HR Pro Needs to Know
This 60-minute, instructor-led program will cover the crucial documents every HR professional needs to fully understand to keep their organization in compliance. HR expert Trish Richardson will cover key documents pertaining to: hiring, terminations, discipling, leave, accommodations, workers' compensation and more. Join us to discover:
- Required documents for every employee from hire to termination
- Best practices to ensure the accuracy of employee records and forms
- Sample documents: resources to ensure compliance requirements are met
- Where HR documents should be stored and who should have access
- How to keep up with changing federal and state level requirements
Compliance Guidelines for Employee Documents & Forms
- Check list of required annual forms
- Correct and timely completion of Forms W-4 and I-9
- A review of the completion of Family Medical Leave forms
- Handling requests for accommodations under the ADA
- Which documents should be given at an employee’s termination
- Creating effective job descriptions and offer letters
- Managing key documents: ACA, workers’ comp and more
HR Document & Forms Best Practices
- Steps to ensure employees provide accurate information
- When and how often employee policies should be reviewed
- Where to go for sample wording for forms and documents
- Additional considerations for a multi-state employee workforce
- Where documents should be stored and for how long
- What should be included in COVID (and other) vaccine requirement forms
- A look at what’s recommended to include in the employee handbook
About the Speaker
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Tricia has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.). Tricia is a Payroll and Human Resource “nerd” who enjoys reading Internal Revenue Code.
- She has a Bachelor of Science in Management Studies from the University of Maryland University College and is a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through the American Payroll Association (APA), a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, as well as a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
- Tricia is a Member of the National Speakers Bureau for the American Payroll Association and a Contributing Writer to Paytech Magazine, a regular periodical provided to over 20,000 Members.
In this engaging, 60-minute event HR professionals will learn which documents are required and recommended for every employee from hire to termination, plus key resources for ensuring your documents are up to date and compliant.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org