Top HR-Law Updates for 2023: Red Hot Issues Employers Must-Know
Recent years have seen dynamic changes in HR law, and 2023 is expected to hold even more surprises for employers.
In our 90-minute, compliance-based program, employers and HR managers will get an in-depth look at employment law changes for 2023, plus guidance on how to prepare now.
Join us to discover:
- EEOC’s top priorities for 2023: racial justice; systemic discrimination; civil-rights
- Department of Labor changes that could impact your organization
- HR laws updates at the state level affecting employers
- The state of Biden’s National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) today
- Supreme Court decisions impacting contractors in all economic sectors
- The NLRB on Section 7 rights: union-organizing rights; dual-employer status
- The EEOC: religious discrimination; LGBTQ rights; systemic discrimination; impact of AI
- The U.S. DOL status of independent-contractors
- The Office of Federal Contract Compliance on unionization
- OSHA’s stepping up of inspectors and workplace inspections
Trends Employers Need to Know & How to Prepare
- The Supreme Court’s 2023 agenda: affirmative action and more
- California and New York: setting HR trends at the state level
- Organized labor: which employers are in its sights this year
- Arbitration v. “#MeToo”: where to next?
- Abortion and right-to-life in a post-Dobbs environment
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Dr. Jim Castagnera holds an M.A. in Journalism from Kent State University, and a J.D. and Ph.D. (American Studies) from Case Western Reserve University. He worked 10 years as a labor, employment, and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr and 23 years as associate provost & legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University, where in 2018 he received the university’s highest annual award for distinguished service. He also did stints as a full-time law professor at UT-Austin and Widener University Law School.
Having retired from Rider in 2019, he is engaged in a portfolio of activities: President of Dr. Jim’s One-Stop HR Shop, a full-service HR law and compliance company; Partner with Portum Group International LLC, a data-privacy & compliance-consulting firm; Of Counsel to the Wilftek law firm; an Adjunct Professor of Law in the Kline School of Law at Drexel University, and an arbitrator for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Join our exciting, 90-minute event to learn what’s changing in HR law for 2023, the impact on employment policies, and what employers should be doing now to get ready.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org