Unclaimed Property Compliance: Best Practices for Post-Pandemic Escheatment
Rapidly changing escheatment laws make unclaimed property a constant struggle for businesses, especially as cash-strapped states crack down on collections and audits.
This is a real challenge any year, but it takes on additional urgency in 2021 as states look to unclaimed property ‘revenues’ as a source of relief for fiscal strains and a means to balance budgets.
As companies reopen, they will face a host of legislative, enforcement and litigation challenges over unclaimed property.
Join us for an information-packed program for the latest updates that impact escheatment and unclaimed property processes.
Identifying Unclaimed & Abandoned Property: Keeping It Compliant
- Classifying unclaimed property: How categories impact reporting and processing
- How to handle uncashed checks, credit balances and gift cards in the current climate
- Your organization’s responsibilities under the Uniform Unclaimed Property Act
Documenting Unclaimed Property: Requirements for Reporting
- Legislative updates that impact your escheatment reporting obligations
- Timelines you need to know for compliant reporting
- Best practices for efficient escheatment reporting
What You Need to Know if You Find Yourself Out of Compliance
- How to identify errors and get your reports ready for audit
- Notification requirements and strategies for success for all parts of the escheatment process
About the Speaker
Dr. Jim Castagnera, Esq. holds a JD and a PHD from Case Western Reserve University. His 36 years in law include a decade with a prestigious Philadelphia law firm, three as a general counsel for an econometric forecasting firm, and 23 as Rider University’s Associate Provost and Legal Counsel of Academic Affairs. His publications include 20 books. He is currently chief consultant for Holland Media Services, located in Los Angeles and Philadelphia; a Partner in PortumGroup International, a cyber-security and data-privacy consulting firm; and Of Counsel to Washington International Business Counsel.
You'll walk away with a clear understanding of unclaimed property processes and reporting to ensure a compliant, accurate approach to post-pandemic escheatment. You'll gain an in-depth understanding of the repercussions of non-compliance, what it takes to correct any exposures in your current plan and how to navigate escheatment in the current climate.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!