W-2 Updates for 2021: Ensure Accurate Filing
IRS has an updated Form W-2 for 2021 with key changes payroll professionals and employers need to know for timely and accurate filing.
This important program will provide the seasoned professional with information on new legislation that needs to be addressed. We’ll also assist those new to filing Form W-2 with a box-by-box look at what must be reported and how. Join us to discover:
- An in-depth look at the new W-2 reporting deadlines for 2021
- Updates to how employers must process the W-2 forms
- Reporting of FFCRA qualified leave and extension of credits in 2021
- Latest SSN truncation rules from the IRS for Form W-2s
This program will go through:
- Updated legislation impacting the new Form W-2
- How to report FFCRA leave on the W-2
- Understanding the changes to Social Security taxation
- W-2 requirements for 2020/2021 reporting
- Form W-2 box by box review
- Understanding the new Form W-2 codes
- State by state discussion of special W-2 considerations
- Year-end and W-2 best practices to ensure compliance
- How to complete an audit of the Form W-2 before releasing to your employees
- Validating totals between the 941 and the W-3/W-2
We’ll also address key questions employers are asking such as:
- How do I avoid getting a notice from the IRS?
- How do I make sure I have zero to very little W-2C?
- When do I use codes in Box 12 and are they required?
- How do we handle the SSN Truncation in states for 2021 on the W-2?
- How do I Properly report the Sick and Family leave credits due to COVID-19 on the Form W-2
About the Speaker
Dayna Reum is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at a major medical center in Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field for over 20 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll.
- Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee).
- Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
This workshop will equip you with everything you need to know in order to accurately file the Form W-2 for 2021. We’ll answer your most pressing questions about year-end filing, walk you through rule changes, and review pertinent IRS updates.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!