Wage & Hour Compliance A to Z: Meeting All Requirements
Wage and Hour compliance goes beyond calculating overtime, there are many more factors payroll must look at such minimum wage, posting requirements, pay frequencies and more. Join Vicki M. Lambert, CPP for this information packed webinar, and get the information you need to ensure compliance, and help protect your company. We'll discuss:
- Federal & state wage & hour law for payroll preparation
- How often employees must be paid and by what method
- Calculating overtime and what's considered hours worked
- Handling travel time, meal and rest periods, tips, and more
- Federal and state minimum wage laws you need to know
- Reporting and posting requirements for employers
Payroll Guidelines for Calculating Employee Pay in 2019
- Understanding the proper calculation of gross pay
- How overtime is calculated under the FLSA
- What's considered hours worked - and what's not
- Pay frequencies permitted and methods allowed under state laws
- Defining the legal work week and work day
- Federal vs. state minimum wage law and requirements
FLSA Requirements: Policies to Keep You Compliant
- Key terminology for calculating overtime & hours worked
- Is it covered under the FLSA or do I need to check the state?
- What to do when the FLSA and the state law differs
- How to handle the FLSA and union contracts
Handling Common Wage Challenges & Situations
- Managing travel pay and meeting times
- When employees must get lunch and when they get docked
- Clear explanation of what must be included on a paystub
- Dealing with tip credits, plus board and lodging credits
- Paying out accrued vacation and terminated employees
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor, a firm specializing in payroll education and training.
- With over 35 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals from some of the most prestigious firms in business today.
- A pioneer in electronic and online education, Ms. Lambert produces and presents payroll related audio seminars, webinars and webcasts for clients, APA chapters and business groups throughout the country.
- Ms. Lambert is an adjunct faculty member at Brandman University in Southern California and is the creator of and instructor for their Practical Payroll Online program, which is approved for recertification hours by the APA. She is also the instructor for the American Payroll Association's "PayTrain" online program also offered by Brandman University.
In this 60-minute webinar you'll learn key federal and state wage and hour requirements that must be followed in your payroll department to stay compliant.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org