Why HR Deserves a Seat at the Table – And How to Get There
High-level strategy meetings often end with an afterthought such as “oh - and someone better tell HR …”
Countless initiatives begin in the boardroom, only to fall flat due to people problems.
Not having the right people.
Not choosing the person with the right skill set.
Today, it’s nearly impossible for an organization to achieve its goals without strategic human resource management.
Your company gains a competitive edge in winning, developing, and retaining the best people when HR has a seat at the table.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to align talent management with overall business strategy, build buy-in for a stronger HR presence in decision-making, and become a more effective strategic partner.
Join us on August 18th and walk away ready to:
- Build credibility and garner trust from senior leadership
- Utilize HR metrics more effectively for better strategy and decision-making
- Increase influence within your organization
- Garner support of people-based strategies and programs
Why people need to be at the core of business strategy – and how HR can help get them there
- How human resource management and business strategy align
- Why you should have a voice in the policies and initiatives you implement
- How to show that having HR at the table adds value, improves culture, and creates a competitive advantage
Create an airtight case for HR involvement
- How to approach upper-level management about your role in decision-making
- Ways to build credibility and bolster support
- Increase your influence with indisputable metrics, strategic plans, and airtight agendas
- The ROI of having HR in every part of the process
About the Speaker
Max Muller has been an expert in business strategy and law for over 40 years. From consulting to training, he’s a go-to resource for workplace legalities, such as., equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, ADEA, etc., as well as business strategy and HR practices.
- Max has shared his knowledge and expertise with over 100,000 people worldwide through workshops like this one, or through his books, including the popular SHRM/HarperCollins Leadership book: The Manager’s Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know. Second edition.
Walk away from this training not only ready to be a highly effective leader, strategy partner, and collaborator, but ready to build buy-in so others believe you are as well. Understand the price of admission to acquire a seat at the leadership table, get there, and excel.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!