Workplace COVID-19 Vaccine Policy Update: Best Practices for Employers
As the government continues to roll out the COVID-19 vaccine, employers face the challenge of developing vaccine policies for their workforce. While eager to get employees back on-site, there’ a host of legal issues employers must consider.
In this informative program we’ll provide practical guidance on navigating those legal landmines, and equip you with the information you need to develop an effective and compliant policy for your organization. We’ll also look at how Biden's executive orders to address the vaccine supply chain impacts your organization. Join us as we discuss:
- The latest data on the vaccine’s availability and distribution plan
- The EEOC’s position on requiring that all your employees get vaccinated
- HIPAA, ADA, GINA and Title VII issues that may arise - and how to handle them
- Best practices for gaining employee buy-in to get vaccinated
Answers to Burning Questions Employers Are Asking Now
- Can I require all my employees to be vaccinated?
- What if an employee voices an objection to vaccination?
- What if an employee has a disability that prevents her from being vaccinated?
- If I provide a vaccine only to our older workers, is that legally permissible?
- Is the company liable if an employee has an adverse reaction to a vaccine?
- May I require employees get the vaccine on their own and at their own expense?
Key Considerations When Developing a Workplace Vaccine Policy
- EEOC’s position on ADA, age, and religious discrimination claims involving mandatory vaccination
- HIPAA, ADA and GINA confidentiality issues you need to know
- Best practices for encouraging or mandating employee vaccination
- Understanding workers’ compensation coverage issues
- Union negotiation and notification requirements
Up to the Minute Information on the COVID-19 Vaccine
- What the Biden relief package contains on vaccines & vaccinations
- Latest information on COVID-19 vaccines’ availability
- COVID-19 vaccines’ effectiveness in protecting your employees
- Current CDC guidelines – where they stand now
About the Speaker
Jim Castagnera holds a J.D. and Ph.D. (American Studies) from Case Western Reserve University. He practiced law for 36 years, before retiring in June 2019: 10 years as a labor, employment and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr; 3 years as general counsel for Wharton Econometric Forecasting Associates; and 23 years as the associate provost & legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University. His academic career also includes stints as a faculty member at UT-Austin and Widener Law School, and communication director at Case Western Reserve.Currently, he devotes his time to a wide range of professional activities, including writing, teaching, training, consulting, and the continued practice of law. He is the chief consultant for Holland Media Services, LLC, a freelance writing, training, and communications company with offices in Los Angeles and Philadelphia. He also is president of Casta Volte Due, Inc., a day-trading company; Of Counsel to Washington International Business Counsel; and, an adjunct professor of law at Drexel University.
In this 60-minute program you’ll learn the information you need to develop an immunization policy that meets legal requirements. Plus, you’ll be able to create an effective communication plan to get employees on board with your plan.
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org
For this one hour program you may claim 0.05 continuance of certification points (COC's) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Please submit a request to obtain proof of your participation and a certificate of attendance will be emailed within 2-3 days.