Wow Your CEO: Build a Compelling HR Business Case
During an economic downturn, many businesses have tightened their belts and are looking for areas to cut costs.
But between the emergence of remote work and other pandemic-related challenges, HR has never needed more support – and it’s never been more critical to your organization’s success.
That means it’s essential to be able to defend HR’s budget with an airtight business case.
how do you increase HR’s influence, wow the CEO, and secure the funding you need to make a sustainable, long-term impact on the company’s growth during a pandemic?
This training is the perfect place to start.
Join us for a live workshop designed to help you strategically pitch HR programs to the CEO and track HR’s influence on the company’s financial success.
You'll walk away equipped to:
- Better anticipate and successfully counter executive issues, concerns, and questions
- Measure and demonstrate HR’s impact on your organization’s success
- Increase your HR department’s visibility and credibility
- Prioritize HR programs and resources
- And more!
Learn the skills you need to wow your CEO and executive team
- Critical factors that have been proven to successfully influence CEOs and executives
- 10 strategic talent metrics that drive CEOs to act
- Internal actions that can measurably increase HR’s business impacts
- Ways to think and talk like a CEO to boost your credibility
Discover the key elements of a successful business case
- Understand the critical role of data and why HR must shift to data-supported decisions
- Identify the specific factors that have the most influence over your executive team
- Learn how to pitch and justify investments in new HR technologies
- Measuring the cost of inaction and delays – and pitching new investments as a solution
Get answers to your most important questions about increasing influence and budgets for HR
- After you’ve built trust with the executive team, what are the next most effective actions you can take to increase HR’s influence?
- Which HR metrics do executives want to see?
- What’s the most straightforward, sustainable way to calculate and present HR metrics?
- What best practices do firms like Google and Amazon use to justify their budgets and high degree of freedom in HR?
About the Speaker
Dr. John Sullivan is an internationally known HR thought-leader from the Silicon Valley who specializes in strategic Talent Management solutions. He is a prolific author with over 1200 articles and ten books covering all areas of Talent Management. Along with his many articles and books, Dr. Sullivan has written over a dozen white papers, conducted over 50 webinars, dozens of workshops, and has been featured in over 35 videos. He is an engaging corporate speaker who has excited audiences at over 300 corporations/organizations in 30 countries on six continents. His ideas have appeared in every major business source, including the Wall Street Journal, Fortune, BusinessWeek, Fast Company, CFO, Inc., The New York Times, SmartMoney, USA Today, Harvard Business Review, and the Financial Times. In addition, he writes for the WSJ Experts column and his weekly column and newsletter. Dr. Sullivan has been interviewed on CNN and the CBS and ABC Nightly News, NPR, as well as many local TV and radio outlets.
Fast Company called him the “Michael Jordan of Hiring,” Staffing.org called him “the father of HR metrics,” and SHRM called him “One of the industries most respected strategists.” He was selected among HR’s “Top 10 Leading Thinkers” and was ranked #8 among the top 25 online influencers in Talent Management. Adding to these acclamations, Dr. Sullivan has also served as the Chief Talent Officer of Agilent Technologies, the HP spinoff with 43,000 employees, as well as becoming the CEO of the Business Development Center, a minority business consulting firm in Bakersfield, California. Dr. Sullivan is currently a Professor of Management at San Francisco State (1982 – present). Most importantly, he wants to hear and respond to your most pressing questions about advanced talent strategies.
HR can see your company through anything 2020 throws your way – but it can be difficult to make your executive team see the tangible impact HR has on your bottom line. If you want to avoid HR budget cuts, increase your influence, and wow your CEO, this workshop is for you.